ST360 optimization ?

Jun 12, 2023

Hello everyone

Since the times are in the optimization of Storyline, here is an element that could help:

we are developing a large application under ST360 for a course on human factors. it's a very big course divided into 5 blocks: an intro and 4 course parts.

there are many slides, videos, lots of animations and very advanced navigation allowing you to go from block to block very easily.

this course shows that you can do a lot with SToryline.

BUT, while we're doing part 3, the overall file weighs 350 MB and when I build the course interface, it's slow. it is very difficult to move objects for example,...

On the other hand, when people use it, it works very well locally or via a server.

So I decided to cut each part in a different file and there it is very weird:

I did a test by keeping only one part by deleting all the others and in the end, the file falls to 180MB! what is strange is that in the media library, there are objects which remain referenced without being used!!

now, if I create an empty file and import only one part (always the same), I get a file that weighs 72 MB!

here, I wonder about the optimization of the media library, about the maximum number of objects that can be put in a slide...

Francois

2 Replies