Storyline 2.0 -to-SABA Cloud - 404:Error on attachments

Jul 08, 2015

Greetings,

I am getting inundated with issues from my LMS Operations team advising that "attachment" documents - including PDF, Word, Excel are not opening from Storyline-authored content.  Our company uses SABA Cloud.  I do not always know what browser learners use.

ZIP FILES seem to work okay.  Everything else (past 30 days) seems to randomly issue the 404:Error (cannot locate.open file) code - similar to other broken links.

Are others reporting similar SABA-Cloud behaviors?  Is there a Javascript or some other code that keeps causing these 404:Error codes?  

I would appreciate tips and/or advise. 

Tom Doyle 

3 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Tom -- Have you tested your published output on the SCORM Cloud, by chance, to see how it functions there? SCORM Cloud is a great place to start, as it is the industry standard for LMS testing. Also, you may want to check out these articles on troubleshooting LMS issues:

How to Troubleshoot Your LMS with SCORM Cloud

Troubleshooting LMS Issues

And when you are working within Storyline, can you confirm that you are working locally as described here? If issues persist, you are also welcome to share your files here and we will run some testing. 

Tom Doyle

Hi,

I believe that the LMS Operations team is testing using SCORM tools, but, I specifically asked them to confirm they are testing per your recommendation.

I assume that "if" tests between our internal "test" servers and the SCORM tests failed that you will be able to help me figure out what's going wrong.

Thanks for the support.

Thomas P. Doyle, Siemens PLM Software, Inc.
Director, Curriculum Development (GSM&S)
DF PL S&SE OP LD STA
2000 Eastman Dr., 2 South
Milford, OH. USA 45150
PH: 513-576-2136
CELL: 513-400-8841
www.siemens.com/plm

Christie Pollick

Absolutely, Tom -- we will assist you to the best of our ability. Please just let us know what your LMS Operations team finds, and we will move forward from there. 

In addition, I wanted to make you aware that when you reply via email, your signature is displayed publicly here in the threads, so you are welcome to edit to remove that information if you wish. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.