Storyline 3/Storyline 360 Compatibility

Apr 18, 2017

Hello there,

We recently upgraded to Storyline 360. We are working with a customer who cannot afford 360 because of the yearly subscription model, but they can purchase Storyline 3. The project is structured so that we will need to be able to pass the files back and forth, each working on them, moving into the future. 

I found an FAQ saying.....

This means you won’t be able to open Storyline 360 projects in Storyline 3 if they include new features specific to Storyline 360. You’ll still be able to open Storyline 360 projects in Storyline 3 if they don’t have Storyline 360–specific features, and you’ll always be able to open Storyline 3 projects in Storyline 360.

My questions...how can I keep up to date on which features I should NOT use in Storyline 360 in order to keep the files compatible with Storyline 3 moving forward? Is there a list/table that will indicate which features in 360 I shouldn't use to keep the files compatible with Storyline 3? 

Thanks,

Matt

5 Replies
Jeanne Bernui

I need to know the same thing.  I upgraded to 360, but some of my clients can not/will not.  Right now, I'm still using SL2 for projects with those clients, but when they upgrade to SL3 I need to know what my options are... and I'm hoping that doesn't involve me having to upgrade my SL2 licence to SL3 on top of my 360 subscription.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Matt and Jeanne, 

We don't have a table or comparison yet - as today SL3 and SL360 have the same features (with the exception of the Articulate 360 subscription elements: Content Library, Review, etc.). 

When we push out new features or fixes, you'll always find those documented in the Release notes. 

Hope that helps! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.