Storyline 360

Jul 26, 2023

Good evening - wonder if anyone has any advice?

I am new to SL360 and trying to pick it up by watching the various videos - there's a lot of them! Must admit l'm finding it very frustrating. My sense is that if you already understand SL 360 and the terminology, plus what the various icons do and where they they are - it probably is, but as someone who is new to it - its not

The videos (for me) are delivered too quickly, even though the tutor is talking at normal pace, but it is too fast to absorb, recall what is being said, remember where his cursor is going and what each icon does - all at the same time!

How did you learn it all? Any tips on 'baby' steps?

Kind regards, Brian Weaver

2 Replies
Walt Hamilton

I spent a lot of free time here on the forum, reading answers to topics that I wanted to learn more about. I really started to learn, when I started to try and solve some of the questions that people asked. Even the ones I never answered, I learned from trying. One of my sons is a professional developer today. He started his computer career by opening an application, and going through it clicking every option of every icon. Just saying, it worked pretty well for him.

Dave Ruckley

I learnt by trial and error mostly. I started a new job and they told me I was going to be developing content in Storyline, so I used the content they'd written in PowerPoint and put it into Storyline manually, without importing it, so that I had to figure out how to do things.

If I look at those early resources now I cringe, but by having actual content to create gave me plenty of opportunities to find out what each button/icon/feature did. Over time I gained more confidence to do more complex things which is where videos and this community really became useful as I had a grasp of the basics.