Storyline 360 audio not playing when published

Apr 16, 2018

Today (4/16/18) I republished some courses (minor edits, no changes in settings) that are no longer playing the audio when viewed from a browser or from the Storyline output. The old versions played fine a couple weeks ago and the new versions play fine in Preview mode.  I have 12 courses I just republished with this issue and the client needs them available ASAP. Help!

90 Replies
Anna Johnston

I am having this same issue with my course. I am using Storyline 360 v 3.50.24832.0 to create the course. Uploading it to the Learning Bridge LMS using and viewing in Chrome 90.0.4430.85. I get the big play arrow at the beginning of my course and then when I click it, either the audio never plays or sometimes it starts after slide 2 or 3. I can replicate it on another device. Some of my co-workers have tested for me and audio runs for 3 out of 4 of them. Any ideas or workarounds?

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Anna and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thank you for reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing as well. Interesting that it's intermittent and not happening to all of your co-workers. Is everyone viewing in that version of Chrome?

With your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Ray Handley

I have literally just had the same experience with republishing some files today. They seem to publish out all audio file but only at 1kb (when I check the story_content folder - see attached screenshot). The audio here will not open in any Audio Program.

This is very frustrating and I have tried several different options but nothing is working. Does it have anything to do with file size or custom settings? The audio is short voiceover snippets so should not be causing any issue. It's now happened on four files that I have publsihed.

Ray Handley

Thanks for the quick reply, Lauren. I was able to work out the issue. It never happened before but for some reason started happening with the latest version of Articulate. I was publishing my content to a shared drive. When it was published to a local drive the audio did output correctly. Not sure why this makes a difference, but it did work. If you still want the Engineers to investigate this let me know, otherwise I would deem this resolved. :)

Amy Gullett

I am also having an audio issue. I published my module to Review. I can hear everything just fine, but when slide 3.5 comes up, it's a short clip from a movie, some people cannot hear it. I'm thinking it's their browser or computer since it plays for some and not others. 

Here's my file. It's the Ben Stiller movie clip.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/b619b486-1aa3-4acc-9586-55e189f79efa/review

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Amy,

I appreciate you sharing the link to your course published on Review 360. I took a look, but the navigation is restricted and I'm not sure how far into the course your video clip is.

I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening with your permission. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Larry McCallum

John, the problem appears to arise when I publish to Review 360. At that point (and when I test the interactions in Review 360), the sounds are gone.

However, I should add that the sounds sometimes do "show up" -- fleetingly -- on the interactions in Rise, but then are gone again.

I doubt you're able to access this, but this interaction is supposed to have a click sound accompanying the mouseovers:
https://360.articulate.com/review/content/f2f8e5af-c251-4301-8a16-6a5432f7f473/review

Larry

Larry McCallum MET MLIS CJ BA

E-Learning Developer

The Training Group

Douglas College

(604) 561-4093 cell

(250) 590-5399 landline

[1200px-Douglas

Eric Santos

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the additional information! I tested the Review 360 course and heard the clicking sounds when hovering over the steps. Here's a quick recording of my tests.

Kindly check if you have the latest browser version and if JavaScript is enabled. This article has details on Review 360's browser support:

Just a reminder that your contact information came through with your post. This brief Peek video shows how to edit it if you like!

Let me know if the browser changes will help!