Storyline 360 - Course is freezing on the first slide after the user tries proceeds to next slide

Jul 27, 2017

Hello,

We have a course hosted on our LMS that recently started freezing on the first slide after the user tries to proceed to the next slide.  The loading wheel comes up and just stays that way.  Has anyone else noticed any issues like this lately?  I am not able to replicate this on my end but have seen the issue for some folks.  Is there some sort of new windows or browser updates that came out recently that is conflicting with published storyline courses?

4 Replies
Patrick Thompson

The course was published as "Flash with HTML5 fallback".  

When it happened, it would be with every browser on the users computer.

I will have to get back to you on whether I can share the file.  Like I said, it only recently started happening for users and it wasn't happening for every user when it did start happening, but it was significant enough to concern us.

Is there a recommended "publishing format"?  Our courses are hosted in our Cornerstone LMS and are probably 99% taken on a PC.  We don't have many users and that try to take training on iPads, iPhones, or anything like that.  Given that, do you recommend that we publish it with HTML5 with flash fallback?

Thank you for the follow up.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Patrick,

If you think that the majority of your users are on computers where Flash has been disabled, and they're able to use updated browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, etc. then publishing for HTML5 and Flash fallback may be a good option.

I'd like to get more information about what's happening in your LMS though - you mentioned not being able to replicate it yourself. Did you try the live version of the course or loading it from your local version? Do you have the same browsers as those users? Do you know if anyone tried to reload/refresh the page?

Have you looked at testing it from SCORM Cloud or another testing platform? If you wanted to give SCORM Cloud a try, that's an industry standard for LMS testing and you could have one of your users test out that link too. Take a look at the article here to get started. 

Let us know any other information you can find out and we'll hopefully get to the bottom of it! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.