Storyline 360 course not sending score to LMS for some users

Jun 16, 2023

Hi, I have a Storyline 360 course that is working for 90-95% of users. Their score is captured and the LMS is able to mark them as complete for the training. However, for a few users, they do not receive a mark or get marked as complete even though they did complete the course (with screenshots to prove it). My LMS manager is telling me that if it is happening intermittently it is not an LMS issue. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue.

12 Replies
Richard Watson

Sally,

That is odd! Have you determined what is different on the client side of the equation?

Browsers? Devices?

Any error messages or unexpected behaviors they noticed while taking the course on their devices?

Are the users not marked complete taking the course in a different browser or an older version? Perhaps someone can comment with other things to check.

Richard

Richard Watson

Interesting. Still trying to brainstorm with you until someone can add to our conversation.

What about:

1. Do these users have a poor network connection? Connecting over wireless?

2. Are they using a private VPN that might be causing a problem?

3. Are they using a thin client?

4. How are they exiting the course? Browser windows or "X" for the course window?

5. How are you configuring course completion? 100% of slides? Adding a trigger at the end to send a "course complete" command to your LMS? 

Richard

Sally Deering

All of the users are currently working in the office so they are connected directly to our network and are not using VPN.

We do not use thin client for any of our departmental computers (I checked with IT).

They have all exited the course using the exit course button. I have also tested it both ways and always receive a score (regardless of pass fail, which I have also tested to see if there is some glitch relating to that).

The course completion is set to 100% of slides and 80% on the quiz with all the settings correctly linked to the LMS marking requirements. 

Richard Watson

Sally,

I remember seeing something like this with the Chrome browser and different LMSs. Take a look at this thread.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/course-completions-not-recording-for-some-users

I would open a support case with Articulate engineers to see if they can work with you to address this. 

https://articulate.com/support/contact/360-teams

Richard

Eric Santos

Hi Sally,

I'm happy to chime in! The article below has tips on ensuring that your courses report completion status in the LMS. It involves using the correct reporting option and LMS standard.

If the issue persists, would you be willing to share a copy of your Storyline file through a support case so our Support engineers can dig deeper into the problem? We'll delete it when we're done!

Richard Watson

Thanks for the assist Eric. Please drop back in and let me know what you discover. From a networking standpoint, if the majority of clients are reporting successfully, it would make more sense that the issue  is on the client-side configuration for those that are not. But, Iā€™m very interested in hearing what you uncover as this type of challenge appears from time to time in the forums.

Richard

Jill Freeman

Sally,

"The course completion is set to 100% of slides and 80% on the quiz with all the settings correctly linked to the LMS marking requirements."

If there are 2 completion settings when you publish, the first one is sent to LMS. I wonder if the users who are not being marked as Complete are not visiting 100% of slides. I.e., do you have any optional slides they did not visit?