Storyline 360 does not import PPTX Titles

Mar 11, 2024

When importing a PPTX file into Storyline, the Content box gets populated correctly, but the Title box is never filled. PPTX Titles show up in a separate text box in Storyline.

I cannot find out how to mark a text box on the Master Slide as "Title". When I select the little Title Box beside "Insert Placeholder", it does not seem to change anything, and it will not stay selected.

The "insert placeholder" has a "Content" option, but there is no "Title" option.

Please assist . . . 

3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Gerald, 

Happy to help!

You can generate a dedicated title box in the Slide Master by clicking on this tick box: 

This will create a text box with the "Slide Title" text as a placeholder, and this text box is where slide titles from PowerPoint will be placed. You'll want to make sure that you have your slide titles in the PowerPoint file before importing them into Storyline 360 for the text to carry over properly.

Here are some tips for importing PowerPoint content into Storyline 360:

If the title boxes are correctly set in both your PowerPoint file and in Storyline 360, please share a copy of your PowerPoint file here or in private by opening a support case for testing. We'll delete it when we're done!

Eric Santos

Hi Gerald,

I'm sorry for the trouble importing your PowerPoint presentation. I appreciate you sharing your Storyline and PowerPoint templates with your support case. Please expect a response from my colleague Lianne as soon as she's done testing the files.

Let's continue the conversation in your support case to keep all the information in one place, but I'm happy to assist further as needed!