Storyline 360 Drag and Drop

Jun 05, 2017

I've recently come across an issue with the drag and drop interactions.

I have the drag and drop set to : 

- Snap dropped items to drop target

- Tile

What happens is when moving a shape, it locks to the mouse cursor, and then when clicking it will first move away from the cursor, but stay locked to it, and after clicking again it goes back to its original spot.

Changing the setting to anything other than tile will just make it snap to center except for 2 drop shapes for some reason. 

The one point I have to say is that this part of my course was working 100% until the latest update. (I am on Articulate Storyline 360)

26 Replies
Juliet Keaton

Dear Articulate team, I am having this same issue since the hotfix last week on  a drag and drop question that previously worked, but now is not working. It is locking to the cursor and only drops when clicking over the region set up to drop to and even though correct, shows incorrect each time. Prior to that hotfix, it dropped as intended. I would appreciate feedback. Kind regards, Juliet

Crystal Horn

Juliet and Nicholas, just to confirm:  Our support team was able to reproduce this issue, and our team is investigating the possibility for a fix.

Specifically, if an object in a group has a hover state and that group is a drag item, you need an extra click before the drag item can be dropped.

Thanks for chiming in with your files and information, and I'll stay on this discussion with any updates for you.

Juliet Keaton

Hi Crystal, With Ryan's feedback after looking at the bug, we were able to find a fix which was to remove the hover state. I also found I could only have one text box and image as a grouped selection for drag and drop. Thanks for looking into a fix for this moving forward and for taking the time to find a workaround so I could publish my course yesterday.

I really appreciate the support that the Articulate team provides. :-)

Vispi Baria

Just to add we have found similar problems after converting our courses from SL2 to SL360 (that worked perfectly fine in SL2). The objects are not grouped, nor do they have hover states.... When Tile option is used and Shuffle answers, the interaction does not work. Change to not Shuffle and it works... 

I have submitted a case to support. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi again!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.

We had talked about how a drag item wouldn't always drop on a target in HTML5 output unless you clicked your mouse to release it.  That issue has been addressed!

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application.

Let me know if you have any questions, or feel free to reach out to our support team!

Denise Rodriguez

Hi Alyssa,

Some learners have encountered issues in drag and drop interactions in courses when reviewing them in Articulate Review. I'm on v3.8.13087.0. One issue is that learners are sometimes able to drag but not drop. Will the fixes when I update to the latest Articulate 360 desktop app address this? If so, do I need to republish the course once opening it in the updated version of Storyline 360?

Another issue has been with a drag and drop where a learner drags all items to the correct drop areas and receives feedback that the answers are incorrect, although they should receive feedback that the answers are correct. Can you advise on this issue? 

Crystal Horn

Hey there, Denise!  Yes, our latest update should resolve the "sticky" drag item for you.  You'll open and republish your course with the updated version, and you should then see the fix.

For your correct vs. incorrect feedback issue, it would be helpful to have a look at that file.  Are you able to attach it here in your reply?

Thanks!

Katie Riggio

Great news, everyone!

To follow up on Alyssa's post ☝️ I'm excited to note that we just released update 3 for Storyline 3! You can view all the new features and fixes here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where a drag item would not always drop on a target in HTML5 output unless you clicked the mouse to release it.

Here’s where you can download and install the latest version of Storyline 3. Let us know if you have any questions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.