Storyline 360 is repositioning callouts when the browser is resized

Feb 05, 2024

I'm having an issue where Storyline 360 (64 bit) moves the position of any left-facing callout when I resize the browser. I've attached screenshots to this post.

Does anyone know what's causing this? It even happens if I copy the right-facing callout (which does not get positioned, for some reason) and flip it to be left-facing. It's such wonky behavior that I don't know where to begin troubleshooting. 

Pinned Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hello all!

In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), we fixed a bug that many of you were running into:

• Fixed: Callout shapes didn't scale properly after resizing the browser window.

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case. 

4 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Eric, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. I can confirm that we are currently tracking a known issue where the callout shape's relative position to other objects changes when resizing the browser. I've added this ELH post to the bug report so we can notify you as soon as a fix is released. 

We've identified that the issue started happening around Update 83, so you can try downgrading your Storyline 360 installation to Update 82 and republishing your course to see if this helps. We'll leave a message here when we have any new updates on the bug!

Lauren Connelly

Hello all!

In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), we fixed a bug that many of you were running into:

• Fixed: Callout shapes didn't scale properly after resizing the browser window.

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case.