Storyline 360 marker issue

Oct 25, 2017

I created a couple of markers to show the popup information (with a title and the contents) and published to html5. When open the page and hover it first time, the marker shows the title with empty content which makes the title out of the position (it supposes to show title only). When click it, it shows both title and contents which is correct. After the first time I hover it again, it back to normal, showing the title without empty contents.

Does anybody have the same issue? Any solution?

36 Replies
Lyn Davis

Thanks for the confirmation on that. For now I'm thinking I a good html friendly alternative is to use a move path to bring the icons in. 

On a side note, is there a list of html5 friendly animations for regular items? We've been noting those that don't work as we find them but a comprehensive list would be nice.

Crystal Horn

Hi folks! Quick update: Our latest version is showing improvement with the issue where marker labels were not aligning the title text properly. 

Install the latest Storyline 360 update to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes. Here's how.

If the problem happens again, please record a Peek 360 screencast for me, and I'll be happy to help!

Lauren Connelly

Hi all!

I'm reporting back with an update on this bug!  We've released the fix for the issue where title text appears outside of the marker when applying the Grow and Spin animation to the marker!

You'll find this fix in Update 36 (Build 3.36.21213.0) for Storyline 360! To stay up to date with the newest features and bug fixes, we recommend updating your Articulate 360 Desktop App.

Becca Levan

Welcome to the community, Ryan!

I see a couple of different issues discussed in this thread, so can you clarify which one you're experiencing:

• Marker labels are not aligning the title text properly.
  • Title text appears outside of the marker when applying the Grow and Spin animation.

We'll want one of our support engineers to investigate your project closer, so if possible, can you share your project for testing purposes? We'll reach out via email soon after we hear from you!