Storyline 360 New Update- Won't open slide in lightbox upon revisit

Apr 13, 2021

A navigation tab when clicked opens a slide in lightbox mode. However, the content only loads the first time. It does not show when the Navigation menu tab is clicked the second time. Anyone experiencing this?

11 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Ben!

I'm happy to help! Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this issue on my end in Storyline 360 (Build 3.50.24668.0). Here's a quick Peek at my test.

It sounds like the content only appears when the slide is lightboxed for the first time. Do you see this with every project that has a lightbox? 

I'm happy to take a look at your project! You can either share the .story file in this discussion or upload it privately in a support case.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Ben!

I'm happy to share that I stand corrected! We've actually already logged this as a software bug in Storyline 360 (Build 3.50.24668.0), and we'll be addressing this issue in an upcoming update. 

I've linked this discussion to our bug report so that I can return with an update when the fix has shipped!

Lauren Connelly

Hello all!

I appreciate you taking the time to report this issue to us! I'm excited to share that the fix for this bug where Lightboxes were freezing and showing up blank when launching was released today in Storyline 360 (Build 3.51.24979.0). 

You'll find this bug fix included with other fixes and features in our latest version of Storyline 360.  To take advantage of these enhancements, make sure to update Storyline 360 on your Articulate 360 desktop app!

Our team is available in this discussion or a support case if you have additional questions!

Jennifer Bircher

Hi - I realize the posts above are over two years old, but I am experiencing the same issue (with build 3.79.30834.0). My lightboxes are triggered by clicking buttons. They display the first time, but after that, subsequent clicks do nothing. I also noticed that if I click the first button that triggers a lightbox (successfully) and then click it again, nothing happens AND none of the other buttons triggers their lightbox for the first time. At this point, I cannot share the file because it is proprietary, but if necessary, I could rebuild something. Any tips are most appreciated!

Jose Tansengco

Hello Jennifer, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. 

The bug discussed in this thread was fixed in an update released back in April 27, 2021, so there's a chance that you may be experiencing something different. It would be super helpful if we can have a copy of your project file for testing so we can take a closer look at what's happening. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case for testing? We'll delete it when we're done!

Jennifer Bircher

Hi again. So... I think I found the issue. When I stripped down the slides to make them generic enough to submit, I removed the Zoom Region that was on every lightboxed slide. Without the Zoom Region, the lightboxes do open upon revisiting. I have attached the file with the Zoom Regions, which demonstrates how the lightboxed slides do not open upon revisit. Thanks.