Storyline 360 - "Poppins" font doesn't work in Preview or HTML5 published content

Jan 04, 2017

https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/poppins

Poppins is a free TTF font that worked fine for us in Articulate Storyline 2. Now in 360 we are finding it works while building slides, but when you Preview it shows up as Times New Roman or some other seriffed font. Published content also shows up incorrectly, unless you run the Flash version.

Poppins in slide view vs preview

Please advise as this font is client-chosen and would be a big problem for us to have to replace at this point.

15 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Keith,

Thanks for reaching out here and sharing a link to the font. That's really helpful! We've seen similar behavior in a few other fonts specifically within the HTML5 output (preview in 360 is also showing the HTML5 version). It is in the hands of our team for some additional investigation and I'll be sure to include the discussion here and font link so that we've got more examples and get some more eyes on this. 

We'll be in touch here once there is a bit more information to share! 

DR-B learning solutions GmbH

Hello,

we have a similar issue here. We've published a new project (imported from storyline 2) and for me and my coworkers the font works fine (even if the font is not installed locally) but the customer sees Times New Roman in the HTML5 Version. Also there are no "f" in the Times new Roman font.I've attached some screenshots. I would be glad if you find a solution for this issue.

My viewCustomers view

Ali Goulet

Hey all,

Great news - Articulate 360 Update 5 is now available! It includes a number of fixes detailed in the release notes here.  

The item you may be interested in is how it fixed an issue where fonts such as Poppin and Kalam were not displaying properly. We're still working on some other fonts and we'll keep you posted!

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the “Update” button next to each tool.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jesse,

Simple or not with that workaround, it wasn't behaving as we expected. 

Our team identified an issue folks were running into where that modern text would become invisible in the Storyline editor, but would still show when previewed or published. We've implemented a fix in the latest update of Storyline 360.

Take a look at the release notes here for some more detail and you can update by launching the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.