Storyline 360 - Problems publishing to MP4, highest quality

Oct 19, 2018

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem, and whether a fix is available. We're on version 3.20.16814.0 of Storyline 360, and there's a problem with publishing to MP4 format at the highest quality settings.Seems to publish to about 75% complete, but then hangs when attempting to add the audio final converted audio. The entire application seems to be in a loop, won't let us close the publishing dialog, nor do anything in the app. Task Manager shows Storyline is still active, but after several hours, it still doesn't complete the process.

Changing the MP4 settings to second-to-highest quality allows us to publish within 10 minutes for a converted MP4 that's about 23 Mb total. We have many gigabytes of available disk space, so I doubt it's a disk issue.

Anyone experiencing this? Does Articulate have a fix for it?

1 Reply
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Stephen.  Thanks for sharing here, and I'm sorry that you've been struggling on this last step.

While it's typical for publishing to video to take a bit longer than the other formats, we still expect it to finish without a hitch on the highest quality settings.  You've done some good troubleshooting work, so let me help you along! 

Would you be able to share your .story file with me for a closer look?  I can try publishing on my end to see what the hangup is.  You can attach your file here, or upload it to me privately.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.