Storyline 360: Publishing a Course to a Video File - the audio output quality is very low

Mar 09, 2018

i am using publish to video from storyline 360. The video output quality is good but the audio quality get worsen with lots of hissing sound. I already maintain 100% output best video output setting during publishing output. Is there any bug in Storyline 360 video output quality, where the audio quality is remain a concerned. 

11 Replies
Jon Verey

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the follow-up. After some further troubleshooting, I was able to improve the quality using the following steps:

1. Changed publish output to Articulate 360 to test if audio quality also reduced there. I then noticed in Properties>Quality settings the audio bitrate was set to 16kpbs. Changed to 128kpbs.
  2. Published to Articulate 360. Audio fine.
  3. Changed publish output back to Video>Audio Quality = Very High and audio quality was improved in final render.

My conclusion: The audio quality in the Video publish is dependent on the audio quality properties setting from the other publish options (360, Web, LMS)?

Crystal Horn

Hey everybody. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 17 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where the audio quality of published videos was not as good as when previewed.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

Katie Riggio

Hey, folks! Update 20 for Storyline 360 is now live–check out all the improvements here! 🛠

While Update 17 addressed the issue where the audio quality of published videos was not as good as when previewed, Update 20 includes a similar fix ..now covering when publishing to video!

Here's how you can update Storyline 360 to see and hear everything this update has to offer. Have a listen, and let us know what you think!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.