Storyline 360 Quiz Feedback: How to get rid of overlapping text button on slide layer

Mar 04, 2024

So I have a hotspot-based quiz comprising about 50 slides. The idea is that a user will advance to the next slide if they select the correct hotspot. They have 2 chances to get it right. After a 2nd failed attempt, they're instructed what they should have done, and are presented with a CONTINUE button to advance to the next screen.

I have the Feedback Master set up with a Try Again and an Incorrect layout, and I've applied these to all of my slides. The Try Again feedback works correctly. However, Storyline seems to be adding an additional CONTINUE button on the slide layer that appears on top of the Incorrect feedback layer.

This is what the Incorrect Feedback layer looks like in the Feedback Master...

But this is what it appears like on the Incorrect layer in the slide. Note the additional Continue button that's automatically added...

How do I make that extra "continue" button go away?

I realize that I could either (a) toggle its visibility to off, or (b) remove the "continue" button from my feedback master, and simply use the one created on my question slide layer, but I'd like to customize its look. Either option requires going from to slide to slide and either toggling the button off or copying and pasting a unique button on each incorrect layer. Is there an easier way to do this?

The Try Again feedback layer gives me the same problem.

5 Replies
Judy Nollet

It sounds like the program is adding the default "Continue" button even though you deleted it from the Feedback Master Layout. That may be a bug (or a "feature" for those who delete it from the master but still need it on the feedback layers). 

It's best to use the default "Button" on the Feedback Master Layouts. When the layout is used, the program automatically updates "Button" to "Continue" (or to whatever text is in the Player's Text Labels). 

You can redesign that default button on the Feedback Master Layout: 

It will appear with the new formatting, as well as with the appropriate label, when a slide uses that layout.

Judy Nollet

Did you rename the button on the Master and/or change its text? That might have caused the problem (though that's just a guess on my part). 

Having an extra button just show up is definitely "unexpected behavior." You can submit a case directly to the Articulate staff here: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact