Storyline 360 reporting completed if user is kicked out (or times out)

Jul 08, 2021

Hello!

I'm hoping someone has had a similar challenge.

I've created a course and to complete the course the learner must pass a posttest with an 80% AND view the entire course.  Additionally, the following data must be collected: 

• Pretest score 
  • Survey question response ( from 2 scenes)
  • Posttest score 
  • Course evaluation

I thought in order to collect this data I had to select each quiz in the Reporting and Tracking Options. (each item above has a results slide)

I also created a completion trigger on the post-test success layer.  However, learners have told me they are being marked complete if they time out of the course (or get kicked out) after only completing the pretest. Learners have to relaunch the course from a completed folder in our LMS to see pick up where they left off).

I think I am missing an important piece. Is there a way to gather the above-needed data AND keep the course active for the user until they pass the post-test?

Please let me know what questions you have or where I need to provide clarification.  

Thanks

8 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Vickie!

I'm happy to help clarify! An LMS marks the course complete as soon as learners view a certain number of slides, finish a quiz, or reach a completion trigger. You can choose one, two, or even all three tracking options. Whichever option a learner completes first is the one that gets reported to your LMS. (Only one option gets sent to the LMS, even if a learner completes multiple criteria.)

If the learner has to take all of the quizzes, you might want to mark the course as complete when they finish the course evaluation.

Phil Mayor

If you set the pretest as a pretest then this gets reported only if you pass. If you final assessment also has your survey and evaluation attached to that results slide then all of that will get reported to the LMS. It will not send both. Articulates knowledge base does state that although a score for pretest will not be reported if you fail then pass final assessment it will send the question data, however how this shows is dependent on the LMS. I have not seen an LMS with the reporting capability to read that data.

VICKIE BENNETT

Thank you again, Phil :)

This is required learning to renew a professional license and several boxes need to be "checked" for this course to "count" towards license renewal.

• pre/post-test score 
  • view entire 1-hour module
  • complete course evaluation

As I have it built right now, our LMS can pull a report and see pre/post answers, a free text question, and course evaluation I have built-in.  

The major challenge I am facing is the learner receiving educational credit for the course before finishing the course or taking the post-test. Most learners complete the module in one uninterrupted sitting, but there are a few that need to step away or get kicked out.  If they do not manually go back and finish the module it could impact license renewal. 

Does anyone know of any way I can meet all the boxes I need checked or does Articulate not have that functionality at this time?

Thanks

Phil Mayor

Mosts LMSs will only track one assessessment for one Scorm package. 

It maybe better to remove the pre assessment and have that as a separate scorm

You can design your course so that they only get to the final assessment once they meet the hour long requirement.

this may help if your LMS supports sequencing