Storyline 360 - scorm publish Error

Dec 11, 2021

Hello everyone, I have developed a multilingual course of 14 languages, with custom player that manages the language change, the materials and the final booklet; each scene is composed of a language in which there are 35 slides with 29 videos (25 video clips of a few seconds and 5 videos of 2 minutes).

Yesterday I exported the scorm and Storyline 360 goes wrong, (I use a macbook pro i9 8core, 32Gb ram and 8Gb of graphics card), there is no possibility to publish the project, which has engaged, graphic designers, videomakers and developers.

The project is published with a maximum of 8 scenes instead of 14. Unfortunately it is not possible to divide the languages into many scorm (this would be the most sensible solution) because the customer requires only one scorm. I ask you if the problem is caused by a Storyline limit that does not handle such a high video volume (406 videos total), or is it a bug or a PC memory, please help me!!!
Thank you all.
Marco

4 Replies
Phil Mayor

Is it failing to publish? Or only publishing 8 scenes?

If it is failing to publish. The number of videos will not be helping, but I also suspect the languages are need a number of fonts to be included. You can try giving more memory and cores to your virtual machine. Also monitioring the resources during publish to see if it is making out.

If it is only publishing 8 scenes,I have never scene this.

Either way I would raise a support case.

Marco Baruffa

Hello, unfortunately it is not a problem of corrupt file, because I tried to publish every single scene corresponding to each language and every publication went well; it is probably articulate that does not handle the video load. I tried as per standard procedure to uninstall and reinstall storyline but it keeps going wrong when publishing. I also did publication tests by progressively deleting the scenes, starting from 14, 13, 12, etc., when the file contained 8 scenes, the publication was successful.