Storyline 360 - Wierd Video Artifacting

Jun 18, 2020

Hi all,

Storyline 360 is doing some strange artifacting in imported videos.

I've tried using both AVI and MP4 of the video but each displays the same behaviour when imported into Storyline 360.

For some strange reason some of, but not all, of the text in the video is being squished vertically (see attached image labelled "Artifacting" - I've included one "No artifacting" so you can see the difference).

17/06/20 Edit: To be more specific; in the screenshot "Artifacting", if you look at the date (should read 1899) that sits between the image and the text on the right, you'll see a strange slanted line going through the numbers as if they've been compressed into themselves.

This issue DOES NOT present itself in playback using other programs such as Windows Media Player, VLC, and others. I am ONLY seeing this in Storyline360.

Has this been encountered by anyone else? Did you manage to find a solution/workaround?

Please do not suggest reinstalling Storyline360 as I will be here til Christmas with how slow my download speed is at home (courtesy of the human malware pandemic).

Kind regards,

Sam

3 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing those images! I'd like to enlist the help of our support team to test your video file and see if we can replicate the same issue on our end when importing into Storyline 360.

Feel free to share it with this link: Share your video file

In the meantime, please review this article for setting the video compression to None and see if that helps!

Samuel Barnard

Hi Ren,

Thank you for getting back to me on this.

I took your advice to set the video compression to None and have played it back on Review360, and it seems the artefacting has gone. It's been so long since I've been using the video controls I didn't think to check fro automatic compression.

22/06/20 EDIT: I spoke too soon. Sort off. so the artefacting is still occuring inside Storyline360 during preview. However, it's fine when published out to Review360. So maybe it's the preview that's a bit iffy with the quality of video playback.

Many thanks,

Sam

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.