Storyline Drag and Drop Problem!!!

Oct 01, 2018

Hello,

I have a drag and drop interaction that I created where learners drag a bunch of statements into one of 2 buckets. If they get it wrong, I would like them to not actually be able to drop it into the incorrect bucket, where it just wouldn't go and would snap back to its starting position, forcing the learner to keep trying until they got all of the statements into the correct buckets and then clicking the Submit button and getting their Correct feedback.

If this is not possible, then instead I would like them to hit the "Try Again" button but have the statements reset to their original position on the slide instead of just still sitting in the incorrect button and having to be moved from there. I currently have this slide set to "Reset to Initial State" but it is not resetting to the initial state. I have the quiz question set at 3 attempts. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated! Thanks! Attached is a screenshot of the slide in it's original state before the statements are dragged anywhere.

2 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Jennifer,

This is definitely possible! 

To prevent the learner from dropping an object on to the incorrect target, open the Drag & Drop Options, and mark the box to Return to start point if dropped outside: a correct drop target. This is the easiest solution, in my opinion!

If you want to return incorrectly dropped objects after the learner clicks the submit button, check out Walt's idea here. He even shared a sample file you can use to see exactly how to set this up. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.