Storyline problem

May 09, 2016

Hi, 

I am getting an error every time I preview or publish the file.

Earlier, I was working on build 7. Now, I have downloaded build 8 from the site  but the problem persists.

can you please help me? I need to send some files to the client urgently.

Regards

Chetana

8 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Chetana,

Thanks for reaching out here and sharing that error. It typically indicates that Storyline is crashing, so I think we'd want to confirm you are working as described here and have you run through the repair steps. 

If the behavior still persists, I'll want to have you pull the error logs as described here and send along to our Support team. 

Zeeee Veee

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the help. My IT head downloaded the sl2Logs.zip file and executed on my system (run as administrator) . After that everything is running fine. 

do you want me to list down the repair steps and send them to you? I am a non technical person. Can you please help me as to what exactly I need to do?

How do I send the error Logs? Please help.

Regards

Chetana

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Chetana,

If you've pulled the error logs you'll want to visit this link:https://www.articulate.com/support/contact/submit.php  and upload the ArticulateLogFiles.zip that is what our team will take a look at and utilize to figure out what may have occurred.

You mentioned that after running the system logs, everything is working fine again? So perhaps it just needed to be run as an administrator? Is Storyline working as expected now - if so, you may not need to run through the entire repair steps. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.