Storyline Quiz - Failure Not Recording in LMS

Aug 10, 2023

I built a quiz in storyline 360. The quiz is setup so that the user is given one retry to complete and pass the quiz.  If the user fails on that one retry, the ask is for the user to exit the quiz by clicking the Exit button at the top left of the screen and I want the failure to be reported to the LMS however I am not seeing that failure.

I tried changing the setting to complete/incomplete, complete/failed, etc. and nothing seems to work - Still, I don't see the failure in the LMS. 

When I go through the quiz and intentionally pass on the first try - i recieve a completion in the LMS. Also, when I go through the quiz, fail the first time and pass the second time, I see the complete status in the LMS.  Please advise how to setup the quiz so that the FAILURE (whether on the first attempt or the retry attempt) is reported to the LMS. What am I missing here? Thanks 

6 Replies
Eric Santos

Hi Tamster,

Sorry to hear you're hitting this snag with the failed attempt not being reported to your LMS. I'm happy to help troubleshoot!

Please try the recommended LMS standards and Reporting options in the article below and see if it helps.

If the problem persists, have you tried testing your course in a different LMS to confirm if the behavior you're experiencing is specific to your LMS? SCORM Cloud is a great environment that you can use for this purpose. If the issue doesn't happen in SCORM Cloud, contact your LMS administrator for assistance. Here's how to test your course on this platform: 

If you can replicate the behavior in SCORM Cloud, would you be willing to upload a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can look at it? We'll delete it when we're done testing! 

Jose Tansengco

Hello Tamster, 

You can open a case with our support team here if you'd like to share your course materials in private. We'll take a look at your course there and we'll delete it when we're done troubleshooting. 

Can I ask if you were able to test your course in SCORM Cloud? This will help us identify if the issue has something to do with the settings of your course, or if it is LMS specific. 

Let us know how it goes!