Storyline version update 3: 1305 2012 : Quiz issue

Jan 27, 2014

Hi,

We are using Articulate Storyline version update 3: 1305 2012 (please see the screenshot of the version below) to develop one eLearning course which should be compatible with Apple device. So we are publishing LMS compliant HTML5 package. In this course we are facing issues with knowledge check questions which have 2 attempts. The functionality requirement and the issue details are as follows:

Functionality:

1.       User should have 2 attempts to answer the question

2.       User should navigate to next screen only when he/she has attempted the question correctly OR both the attempts are consumed.

3.       If user clicks the Next button without the correct attempt, then a message should be displayed saying that “You must complete this Quiz to go to the next page.”.

4.       If user clicks the Next button after 1st incorrect attempt, then a message should be displayed saying that “You must complete this Quiz to go to the next page.”.

5.       If user clicks the Next button after 2nd incorrect attempt, then user should be taken to next screen.

Step to reproduce the issue

1.     Select all the correct answers along with any of the incorrect options

2.     Without clicking submit deselect incorrect options (so now only correct options are clicked)

3.     Click the Submit button

4.     Click the Next button

On step 4 the next screen should be displayed as user has selected correct options, however we still get the message which states “You must complete this Quiz to go to the next page.”.

Please find the attached one sample Storyline file where we have created the same functionality. Can you please go through the same and let us know the solution for the issue?

Please note that this issue occurs only in HTML5 publish output.

Thanks

Vinod H 

6 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Vinod and welcome to the community!

Dennis is absolutely correct (thanks!Articulate Storyline Update 5 is now available.

It includes bug fixes, performance improvements, and HTML5 output enhancements.

Click here for details:

Let us know if that update helps with some of the trouble you're having with this.
Thanks and welcome again!
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for trying the update!

I've taken look at the file and I can confirm that this is not happening in Flash, but also that it's happening in HTML5. 

I've places the variable for "TP2SC15Complete" on the slide, so I could see when it changes. It appears that if you only select the correct answers and then click on "Submit" the value does change to "True". However, if you submit after selecting the incorrect answers, the value remains as "False". 

With a little further testing, I rebuilt the trigger that adjusts the value to "True" when the user clicks on the "Submit" button. I did not include a condition for the "TP3SC1IsInOptSec" value. It seems to work without this. So it looks like it may be something with the addition of that condition, or the trigger created to adjust that value.

I inserted the variable text for the "TP3SC1IsInOptSec" variable in the slide this time and tested. Looks like that variable is adjusting to "True" correctly after making the selections. At this point, everything's still working properly with the condition removed from the trigger.

Oddly enough, I added the condition back to the trigger and now it's working for me:

TestingHTML5Vinod

Could you take a look please and let me know if you see the same thing?

I'm also attaching the modified version of the file, for your reference.

Thank you!

vinod hanchate

Hi Christine,

Thanks a lot for looking into this. The solution you provided did work for the issue we reported but it generates another issue. In this new issue when you select correct options only it doesn't allow you to navigate to next screen. Good news is we have solved this issue as well and now functionality is working as per our expectation. We have removed "TP3SC1IsInOptSec" variable all together and added more conditions on Submit button to check if incorrect options are in normal state.

Please see screenshot below for the additions.

Again thanks a lot for the support.

Thanks,
Vinod Hanchate 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.