Storyline360 Exit Action closing browser, not loading Goodbye.html after update?

Jan 13, 2022

Hi

I have a Storyline360 course with the standard 'Exit Course' action added to the player. This was working correctly when last published (12 Nov 2021) however, I've just republished the course (11 Jan 2022) following a few minor content changes and when running in my LMS, the Exit action now closes the browser tab, or entire browser if it's the only tab open instead of loading the Goobye.html page, which is affecting tracking back to the LMS.

This happens in all tested browsers: Edge, Chrome and IE

I have reverted back to the older version of the content and the Exit action is working correctly again.

Could the December 14, 2021 (Build 3.59.26702.0) update have affected this?

Any advice welcomed, thank you.

6 Replies
Cary Gettinger

We are having a similar issue with courses in the newest version of the software.  They click exit and get a pop up that says: A request to record your progress in the learning application has failed. please check your internet connection. if the issue persists, reach out to your internal support organization for further assistance.

I cannot seem to find anything about this error that gives me a good answer as to how to fix this so we have our architects reverting back to a version from Nov. to get this to work.  

Leslie McKerchie

Hello everyone!

Great news! We released another update for Articulate 360, detailed in our version history.

The item you'll be interested in is:

Fixed: The goodbye.html page wouldn't display in an LMS.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360.

Articulate 360: Installing, Updating, and Managing the Articulate 360 Desktop App

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.