Submit results trigger

Sep 28, 2023

I noticed when adding the "Submit results" trigger, the "When the learner completes a quiz" option is selected as one of the completion criteria submitted to the LMS. Is there a way that I can have the quiz results submitted to the LMS, but only have the course marked complete if the learner has scored a certain score? (ex. course is complete when user has scored a 75% or above on the quiz and the quiz results are also sent to the LMS). Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

4 Replies
Nedim Ramic

Try with Passed/Incomplete option selected in LMS Reporting, and When the learner completes a quiz in Tracking Options. The course will be reporting "incomplete" status as long as the quiz is failed. It reports "complete" status when the quiz is passed. The quiz results will also be sent to the LMS. It's how it works in the ScormCloud. 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Summer,

Glad to see that you're getting awesome help from Nedim! 

I wanted to share the following articles as well to help you decide which reporting settings to choose when publishing your course. 

You'll want to test which of these 2 will work best for your use case since your course relies on scoring to mark completion:

• Passed/Incomplete
  • Passed/Failed

You'll also want to make test using different LMS Standards to see which ones will give you the best result in terms of reporting. If you need an environment to test your course while you decide on the best publishing settings, we recommend testing in SCORM Cloud

Let us know if you have any questions!