Swipe not working on a project upgraded from Storyline 2 to Storyline 360

Jun 20, 2017

Hi,

I've upgraded and existing project from Storyline 2 to Storyline 360 and the swipe navigation is activated on each page - as on the screenshot below. However, when I'm testing the module on iPad or iPhone, the swipe is not working at all - I can only move back and forth via the buttons/arrows on the pages. Has anyone faced such an issue and found a solution? Thanks in advance!

swipe

Lina Dragova

6 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hey Lina!

Sorry that's happening! This sounds similar to an issue we're currently working to resolve in Storyline 360.

To confirm, can you tell me if your navigation is set to Restricted

Also, would you mind sharing your .story project file here so I can take a closer look? You can add it as an attachment right to a comment in this thread.

Thanks for letting us know about this! 

Jessica Andrezze
Will the swipe feature not work if the menu is set to restricted? I am running into this issue in Storyline 3. I need to keep my menu restricted, but wanted to utilize the swipe feature. Is this a bug?
Ali Goulet

Sorry that's happening! This sounds similar to an issue we're currently working to resolve in Storyline 360.

To confirm, can you tell me if your navigation is set to Restricted?

Ali Goulet

Hey Jessica, 

I'm sorry you're hitting this too. You're right, the swipe function not working when the menu is restricted is an issue that we're investigating.

Thanks for letting us know that you're effected by this too- the more input we get, the easier it is for us to gauge impact. If you're interested, you can read a little more about how we tackle bugs over here.

This thread is included in our report, and you'll receive a notification as soon as we have information to share!

Leslie McKerchie

Hey everyone :)

Great news! We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here

The Storyline 360 item you'll be interested in is how:

Learners couldn't swipe between slides in HTML5 output when navigation was restricted.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either right here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.