Text Entry Validation for Try Mode Videos in Storyline 360

Jul 12, 2019

Hello,

I am creating View and Try videos. The software I am videoing requires that users enter answers in text fields. There are not right or wrong answers because users are entering their mission at work and how they could be best supported. In my eLearning, I am copying and pasting sample answers to demo how the software works.

I want to show realistic responses to these questions. However, in the Try video I don't want the user to have to type in everything I entered when the View video was created. Is there a way to have the user click the field, and then have the data auto-populate without requiring the user to type a long response?

Any suggestion you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Best regards,

Carol Nelson

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Carol,

I was playing around with a Try mode screen recording, and it didn't prompt me to type in the text but only click where it was typed in and then it appeared. Perhaps as you're copying/pasting the text into the interaction, that's what Storyline is capturing as a needed learner action? 

You may want to look at building out a combo of View and Try mode slides so that you can customize what is shown to the learner when. Also, take a look at this tutorial on other editing options for working with screen recordings. 

Let us know if that helps! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.