The project file could not be saved - Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation

Aug 11, 2022

Hello, I just got the attached error message when I tried to save a project. It's not a large project and it has been saving fine until now. Here are the things I tried, with no success:

• Saving as a new file
  • Saving in a different location
  • Closing all other programs

When I closed all other programs AND tried to save it to my desktop, I got the same error message, but a file was created on my desktop. However, that file is missing several hours of work, some of which I believe I had already saved, seemingly without error. My computer also has plenty of storage available. I have seen several other threads on this dating back 10 years, but none of those provided solutions that worked for me (though some did suggest workarounds such as coping all the slides into a new project file). Here are my device specs:

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.85 GB usable)
Device ID 80584E8E-92E0-4FDB-8575-CBC6C8F3DB9D
Product ID 00330-90001-93092-AB399
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

Windows specs:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎8/‎4/‎2021
OS build 19044.1889
Serial number 008822113257
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

5 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Carter, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. We are currently tracking a known bug that causes Storyline 360 to not run properly when Intel 11th Gen Core series processors or later are installed on a computer. I've added this forum post to the bug report so we can notify you as soon as a fix is released. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. In the mean time, you can check out this workaround to see if it temporarily helps with the behavior. 

John Morgan

Hello Carter!

Good news! Today, we just released Storyline 360 Update 68 (Build 3.68.28773.0) which included the fix for the bug where project files might not save due to low system memory on computers with Intel Iris Xe Graphics hardware.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out in this discussion or in a support case.