Timeline sync issue with "Jump to time" in storyline 360.

Mar 07, 2023

I have two video media files that play sequentially & automatically as the timeline advances. This all works fine no issues...

I then added a trigger to a button to jump back 10 seconds if the user misses an important bit of info. Again this all works fine until....

The video media transition.

If I jump back 10 sec in the first video, when the video transition is reached and the second video starts to play it is already approximately 10 secs into the video. It as though some form of timeline lag or error is introduced by using the jump to time trigger.

Any ideas?

1 Reply
Luciana Piazza

Hi, Iain, 

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having difficulty with the functionality of the timeline and video behavior when incorporating a button trigger to modify the timing of your videos. I understand how frustrating that can be. 

I have attempted to replicate this on my end. I am not experiencing the same behavior that you mentioned about the second video. Here is a quick Peek of the behavior when previewing my sample slide.

Here is the trigger I have inserted for my button: 

I have attached my .story file to my reply so you can take a closer look at my setup. 

Would it be possible for you to share your file with us in this thread or privately in a support case? I’d like to investigate this issue with your specific course further!

Thanks so much!