Translation export

Jan 19, 2015

Hello,

We discover a problem with the translation export in Storyline 2. When we have a text in Storyline 2 in bold or italic, the translate export doesn't show the text correct. The export is a normal text without the correct style. Are you familiar with this problem?

Suzanne

12 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Annie,

Thanks for sharing the file and the example. I took a look at your file in Storyline 2 and saw the same behavior, so I also checked in Storyline 360 and it seems the paragraph spacing is not kept upon import there as well. I'll report this to my team as a possibly software bug, sometimes my team catches errors in my logic and we don’t have a bug after all. Of course, if that’s the case, I’ll let you know! 

Depending on priority and risk, some bugs can be fixed quickly, while others take longer to resolve. Here's more information on how we identify and tackle bugs.

I’ll let you know as soon as we have an update on this issue. Thanks so much again for letting us know about this, and I’m sorry it's causing you extra work. 

Lauren Connelly

Hi all!

I know this is a dated discussion, but I wanted to share an update if others come across this discussion with a similar request! We released Enhanced Word Translation in Storyline 360 (Build 3.49.24347.0), making exporting and importing Word documents so much easier!

There are many benefits to this feature, but one is preserved formatting! The legacy Word translation method removed some text formatting, such as lists and paragraph spacing. The new Word translation method preserves all text formatting, so you don’t have to spend time and effort correcting it.

Lastly, to take advantage of this feature, make sure you've updated Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!