Trigger Question

Mar 03, 2022

Hi

I am relatively new to Articulate storyline. I have created a slide that has a number of boxes on it. The learner clicks on the boxes and it reveals more layers. I have figured out how to make it so that the learner has to click on all the boxes before they advance to the next slide. However, I would also like to change the state of the box to black when the learner clicks on it in order to help them see what boxes they have clicked on and which ones that they still need to click on. I can not figure out how to do this and am wondering if someone could help? I would really appreciate it.

Attached is the slide.

Thank you

Jill

4 Replies
Jill Mercier

Thank you for your response. The problem is that when the learner clicks on the state on the base layer, it turns black but then when the subsequent layers are revealed and/or when it loops back to the base layer at the end (per a trigger I set up), it does remain black. The one example where you could quickly see this is on the covering your cough box (it only reveals a couple of layers so it is quicker to see what the issue is).

I don't know how to make it stay black for all of the layers and also for the base layer to be black when it loops back.

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Jill.

I'm not sure I fully understand how you'd like the states to behave. If you use the Visited built-in button (without the additional triggers you have), then the buttons will turn black when visited and remain black when the slide re-starts:

Screen Recording 2022-03-08 at 11.14.30 AM

Let me know if you're trying to accomplish something different!