Triggers not working

Jan 08, 2019

Is anyone else having issues with triggers not working in Storyline 360? Before I was able to change the last items that are supposed to appear on a base slide to hidden and if the user moved faster than the base timeline storyline would read those triggers and they would no pop-up on the base layer. 

Today my triggers are not working to hide base layer items as they previously did. 

Also, my hover states on checkboxes are not changing when I customize them. 

Is anyone else having these issues? 

Thanks, 

-Jes

9 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Calvin,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you're running into issues with your triggers as well.

I haven't seen a file for Jes yet to understand what she may be dealing with and to offer assistance.

Regarding the replay or rewind button:

The behavior of the Rewind button is determined by the “When revisiting” property for each slide. There are three options to choose from:

• Automatically decide: This is the default option, and it means Articulate Storyline will decide automatically whether to rewind the slide or not. Here's the logic: If the slide contains just simple objects and audio but no interactivity, Storyline will rewind the slide to the beginning of the slide’s timeline. However, if the slide contains any interactive elements, such as buttons or any other object that includes a visited/selected state, Storyline won't rewind the slide.
    • Resume saved state: This option will always prevent the slide from rewinding.
    • Reset to initial state: This option will always force the slide to rewind.

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting. If you'd prefer to keep the file private, please share with me directly by uploading it here.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks, Jessica for sharing your file here with us. I saw what you were describing with Rectangle 2 and 3? I can't see why the triggers aren't firing, so I'll continue looking into that, but one easier method would be to hide those items on your slide layer individually within the timeline. Here's a quick Peek at how to do that.

Also, as for your hover state, it does not appear to be showing through Rectangle 4 which is sitting on top of your checkbox. If I removed that I was able to see the hover. 

Does that help? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.