No access to projects without internet connection. 360 desktop app valid current membership.

Dec 31, 2019

Hi, I used to be able to work on a project without signing in to Articulate 360 which is on my computer and I have a membership that is current.

Now I cannot. This is frustrating when I do not have a readily available internet connection it means I cannot work, the program keeps saying 'sign in' ad nauseum but I cannot sign in if I do not have internet access.

Is this a glitch?

Any advice how to rectify this asap.

Thank you

16 Replies
Ange CM

No, It started happening in OctoberI tried contacting you but no response and I didn’t have time to follow up until now being overly busy.However it made my work load incredibly laborious and time consuming when I was on the road.I would like to figure this out before I am next out of internet connection range, it is not cost effective for me to jump through hoops when I want to use a program that I paid a fairly substantial amount of money for.Any other fixes?Thank you-----Original Message-----

Ren Gomez

Hi C C, 

Sorry to hear you didn't receive a response from us! I'm not sure how you reached out, as I don't see any past case history, but I've opened a new case on your behalf with our support engineers to provide tailored support to get this sorted out as quickly as possible.

Be on the lookout for a response soon, and I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Ren Gomez

Hi John,

As long as you're online while you sign into the Articulate 360 desktop app, you should be able to go offline and work for up to 99 days in Storyline 360 without interruption. 

You can read more about this in the FAQs here. If you find that isn't the case when you're disconnected in rural areas, feel free to reach out to a support engineer, and they'll be able to dig a little deeper into what you're experiencing.

Lauren Connelly

Hi CC!

I also wanted to add that it could be an issue with your network endpoints. Since Windows updates quite frequently, it can often interrupt the connection of other applications. 

This article lists Articulate 360 apps, services, and network endpoints. The domains listed here must be accessible on port 443 for Articulate 360 apps and services to work properly.

Ange CM

Thank you, have checked all now that I have a connection.

However, you say:  "The domains listed here must be accessible on port 443 for Articulate 360 apps and services to work properly." 

To clarify does that mean that I have to have an internet connection to use Articulate 360?  My problem is when I do not have an internet connection and get a message saying I have to sign in to use Articulate 360.

How is access for any domain applicable if there is no internet connection?  Thank you.

Lauren Connelly

Hi CC! 

Initially, you must be online long enough to sign into Articulate 360 and install the desktop-authoring apps, such as Storyline 360. Then you can use the apps offline up to 99 days at a time (or 30 days for free trials). 

It's important to make sure all domains are allowed and port 443 is open when logging in. 

Also, let us know if the reinstall worked too! 

Ange CM

Thanks Lauren, It is already installed and has been for months. The odd sign in request, when I am in the middle of doing something and am offline (not near a solid connection),  just started a few months ago and has been randomly occurring since along with a few other oddities that have cropped up.

One of your coworkers sent me a method to try that is a tad more involved than install/reinstall that I have already done, I will do it as soon as I have time  and let you know the results.

Best regards, keep healthy!

Jack Schofield

I login yesterday and today I got a error message saying please login to 360.  I'm working form home like most people during the COVID-19 pandemic and articulate 360 is eating up my internet connection running in the background all the time. So I close it, but everyday it say you need to login.  I have never been able to use the app offline for 99 days, it ask me everyday to connect. 

Lauren Connelly

Hi Jack!

I'm happy to step in so you're not constantly asked to log in!

If you are working from home you'll want to configure the network endpoints. This article lists Articulate 360 apps, services, and network endpoints. The domains listed here must be accessible on port 443 for Articulate 360 apps and services to work properly.

If this doesn't do the trick, please reach out to us so we can offer 1:1 support. You can get in touch with our Support team by using this link. We'll be notified when you submit a case so that we can offer quick help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.