Unstable Publishing in SL1 When Using Maximum States (100)

Mar 10, 2015

Hi everyone,

While working on custom players for courses using only controls on a master slide for slide navigation, I am finding serious system instability creating a progress bar with 100 states (one for each percentage).  When publishing a proof of concept with only three slides with minimal assets (think one picture on each slide), Chrome and IE11 are either taking extraordinarily long to load or hanging, depending on the workstation I'm using.

Has anyone else had a similar experience when using so many states?  And, if so, what was your workaround?

7 Replies
Chris Lancaster

Okay.  I've gone ahead and done that.  It's still hanging, though.  

I ended up splitting the master slide with the object with 100 states and 100+ triggers into five master slides with 20 states and 30+ triggers.  The slides are behaving much better now.

I'm curious if anyone has run into similar issues and have done similar workarounds.  

RE Emily:  I've read the stories and downloaded some demos of people accomplishing amazing things with countless states and triggers.  I was curious to see if anyone else had experienced issues when using so many or had tips for using maximum states with 100+ triggers per slide.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.