URL in Web Objects cannot be displayed in a frame - Using SL360

Mar 10, 2021

I would like to launch a web page in a scrolling panel so that the user is not able to move away from the selected website.

The error message states to open in a new browser however, when I do it still retains the browser controls (therefore user can leave the course) even though I have set the web object to No Browser Controls.

Any ideas about why the URL is not working (others do work!). 

3 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Karen,

Thanks for reaching out! A few questions to dig deeper into this issue:

• How are you testing the web object? Have you tried publishing and testing the course in its intended environment?
  • Are the other URLs hosted on the same website?
  • Have you tried the web object outside of the scrolling panel to see if that helps?

The article below shares a little more insight on web objects and may help with what you're experiencing.

Storyline: A Web Object Is Missing from Published Output

If you're still unable to get the web object to function as expected, share your file with our support team. They'd be happy to help troubleshoot!

CONNECT WITH US.
Karen Greatbatch

Hi

I have tried testing the web object ion Slide using Review360 and in the LMS and same problem exists in all.

I have advised the Web site hosts of the X-Frame setting mentioned in the article and the article and they responded with “we have allowed the LMS site access to use it for embedding”. This has not made any difference and I not familiar enough with Website settings to point them in the right direction.

Have also tried loaded in a new browser but then find that the SL Web object setting “No browser controls” is ignored and the user can navigate away from the site.

Happy to share with the support team so will also contact them.