Use multiple hovers to reveal layer in Articulate 360

Dec 12, 2019

I cannot seem to find the correct combination to make a layer appear after the user hovers over multiple shapes. Here is a screenshot of the setup: see attachment below. All of the variable reference boxes are working correctly but when I release control of the last box the layer does not show: see second attachment below.

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Brandy and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing on your slide.

I see that the trigger states when the control loses focus on Rectangle 8, so this needs to be the last step prior to the layer displaying. If all the variables are true and you hover back and off of rectangle 8, does the layer display?

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Brandy Rainwater

I now realize that something must be clicked to focus then something else clicked to lose focus and since I'm hovering, lose focus won't work. I tested it with Hover over the bottom yellow box "Rectangle 8" and that worked. However, that is not really what I envision either. I want them to hover over all of them to show the hovered state first and no matter what order they hover in, once all hovers are true and they have had time to view all hover states, then the Complete Illustration layer appears without having to click a trigger.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.