Using variables to show layers after visiting a page
I'm trying to use variables to show layers after visiting a page. Here's the idea:
1. start on home slide
2. click button 1 and it jumps to slide
3. on that slide a unique variable is set to a value
4. click next and it returns to home slide, where the variable is checked in order to show button 2
5. click button 2 and it jumps to a corresponding slide
6. on that slide a unique variable is set to a value
7. click next and it returns to home slide, where the second variable is check in order to show button 3
8. and so on...
The idea is to have learners finish viewing content on a slide before the next button shows up on the "home" page. But it's not working. I've tried setting the variable two ways: jump to slide and then setting variable when the jump to slide finishes; and changing the variable with a button when the jump to slide finishes.
Neither way seems to work. Here are links to samples of the two versions.
Any help is greatly appreciated.