Blurry recording for a story size of 1920x1080

Mar 17, 2020

I am trying to build an e-learning in size 1920x1080. My story size is the same as the recording size. But the software tool for which I am making the e-learning is wide screen tool. It has lots of icons. The recording is not as clear and the icons cannot be read. What can I do. My constraint is I cannot change the story size as its a company standard.  The story size has to remain 1920x1080. Any suggestions as to how can I make it clear?

Should I use a smaller screen to record with same resolution? Any suggestions are welcome.

1 Reply
Allison LaMotte

Hi Sasha,

It sounds like the aspect ratio of the software you're recording is not the same as the one you have to use for your project, so you're scaling down the software window to fit inside the recording, is that right?

If that's the case and there's no way to adjust the aspect ratio of the software or the project (due to your company's rules), have you thought about not showing the entire software interface on every screen? Would it make sense to "pan" from one part of the software to another when you need to access features that aren't visible? Or does the entire interface need to be visible all the time? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.