HELP NEEDED! Adding Narrations w/a picture slideshow and layering multiple audio files.

Apr 10, 2015

I'm in need of your help. I'm doing pro-bono work for an historian, creating online lessons on the US Civil War in Storyline 2, but I'm not sure if I'm going about it the right way.

What I'm looking to accomplish is:

* User clicks on soldier's name and either:

- lightbox opens with slideshow of pictures to go with a narration on his history. or...

- jump to another slide, where same slideshow displays in layers with narration.

* I'd also like to have multiple audio files playing, so I can have my narration along with gunshot sounds and cannon fire, etc. (this I think I can figure out on my own)

In addition to these issues, I have NO idea how to create a picture slideshow in Storyline 2.

Any advice, guidance. or templates (if anyone has done something similar to this) would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Rick M

1 Reply
Nicole Legault

Hi Rick!

Thanks for posting your question here in the forums. 

To create a picture slideshow you really just need to insert a picture on each slide. When they click next, it will bring them through each picture one at a time. You can definitely add a link to the picture that brings them to a new slide with the pictures and narration of a specific soldier. You can add in multiple audio files, simply insert the audio files using the Insert Audio button on the Insert tab of the Storyline ribbon, and adjust them on the Timeline in the Timeline panel along the bottom. 

Here's a few tutorials that might help you out:

You might also want to have a peek at this discussion: Picture Slideshow in Articulate

Hope these help you pointed in the right direction!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.