Hi

May 13, 2014

Hi all,

I have a general question about Articulate Studio ’13 as we are thinking about upgrading to this.

Can I publish an e-learning course from this in Tin Can (xAPI) format?

Also, can I publish in a HTML5 format (as in Storyline) to be used on mobile applications that do NOT support flash such as the IPAD etc or is it JUST Storyline that can do this?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Keith

6 Replies
Bruce Graham

Storyline is immensely more powerful in terms of it's feature/functionality set, (Triggers, Conditions, Variables and so on).

Studio '13 is mainly for where PowerPoint is the holder of choice for the data. While you can use PowerPoint to drive Storyline, it is hugely powerful for projects that have a "blank slate" start.

Hope that helps.

Joshua Roberts

Bruce Graham said:

Storyline is immensely more powerful in terms of it's feature/functionality set, (Triggers, Conditions, Variables and so on).

Studio '13 is mainly for where PowerPoint is the holder of choice for the data. While you can use PowerPoint to drive Storyline, it is hugely powerful for projects that have a "blank slate" start.

Hope that helps.

This.

Storyline in my opinion is a far superior product in terms of building and developing skills, it's simple enough for a beginner but contains enough complexity to create masterful content.

Rachel Barnum

Keith - to expand on Bruce and Josh's comments, Studio serves as an attachment to PowerPoint. You need PowerPoint to use Articulate Studio.

Articulate Storyline is a standalone product. You do not need PowerPoint to use it. This allows for much more powerful courses as you can use advanced triggers and variables to really create almost anything you want to. It also essentially combines Articulate Engage and Quizmaker into one product with the quizzing and interaction options provided in Storyline. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.