Need advice for building an E-Learning production studio
Feb 08, 2014
I'm working in the Training and Development department and i'm the responsible of the E-Learning in the company, i just got some budget around 2000$ for building an home-studio grade E-Learning production room with all the necessary equipments.
I got 2 connected rooms 4x6 meters each (Totally 8x12 m.) i planned to have 1 room to be a control room and another room for shooting photos, videos and voice recording.
Here is the output that this room should be capable to deliver: (The most frequent activity will be marked as 10, the less will be marked as 1)
1. Shoot and edit photos of humans for illustrative purpose (3)
2. Shoot and edit stop motion picture for illustrative. It is something like this : (4)
3. Shoot and edit high quality indoor videos for video based instruction like http://www.lynda.com (For example, how to calculate machine productivity, how to use some particular machine etc) or add to Articulate studio modules. (6)
4. Shoot and edit outdoor video for my department marketing campaign, use only in the company. The examples are Welcome videos, New training videos, Training introduction videos etc. (5)
5. Record and edit voice for voice over activities. For example, dub company communication videos, e-Learning videos. (10)
6. Create 2D or sometimes 3D animation just for illustration purpose (6)
7. Create, edit visual graphics for illustrative purpose. For example, Infographics, Posters etc. (7)
8. Be the place to create, edit, research, and all activity of e-Learning modules creation
Here is the list of equipment i selected
1. Mixer with Audio interface : Mackie ProFX8
2. Studio monitor : Mackie MR5
3. Two studio headphone: Samson SR850
4. A condenser Microphone: SE Electronics X1
5. A pop sound shield
6. Clip mic stand like this
8. A desktop computer set : CPU i7, 8GB of RAM, 2TB of HDD, Nvidia Quadro 800 for VGA.
9. DSLR camera : Canon 70D
10. A DSLR tripod
11. A wireless microphone (clip on) : Senheiser ew-112 p G3
12. Two studio lights: like this
13. A green screen like this
The target audience: All level of employee from the production workers to High level manager, 6,000 people approx.
E-Learning software: Articulate '09 (I can't use '13 because it cannot be viewed on IE6 which is the main browser in my company),
How i deliver the content to the end-user:
1. My company will have LMS at the end of this year, but for now, i need to send to user by CD or in ZIP file and uploaded to company's FTP site.
2. I planned to talk to IT to host some E-Learning created by Articulate on the web. (But i think they don't agree with me for sure)
1. They are 2 types of E-Learning activity one is to transform the module from existing classroom training, another is to localize the module from the parental company (Translation, content localisation etc) The ratio is 50:50.
2. I got 1 Articulate Studio E-Learning module waiting for localisation, and at least 2 modules waiting to transform to E-Learning.
I would like to have your feedback especially on the equipment, i don't want to spend the budget for the "too much" equipment.
Thanks you guys in advance,