SL360 Crashes when I try to publish it. Please Help.

Feb 24, 2018

I have a huge project with 153 question banks consisting of 3 questions each. Whenever I try to publish, it throws an error like this and crashes on me. Unfortunately splitting the project is not an option. 

I have also tried clearing the cache and app data, nothing helps.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to publish the entire project successfully.

Crash Report

3 Replies
Godwin Vinny Carole

Hi Matthwe and Wendy, 

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have tried publishing it on different machines. My PC  has 16GB of RAM. But since SL is a 32Bit application, it is limited to use only 4GB of RAM.

However, articulate team has implemented a function to clear cache automatically, if the publishing process exceeds this limit. But it doesn't seem to work as expected. When SL attempts to clear the cache, it immediately crashes. I have tried to publish all the QBs individually and it works fine, as it takes less memory when published individually.

But, I need to have all the question banks in a single bundle.

Hope articulate could release an update to fix this. 

Wendy Farmer

Hi Godwin

that's not good news.  I'm happy to try and publish the module for you if you like.  If you're happy for it to be public just upload here using the grey 'add attachment' button or if not, click my profile picture to contact me privately.  I'm just a forum user like you I'm not Articulate staff.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.