Web browser

May 16, 2018

Hi there!

I would like to ask you what's the difference between web browsers as far as publishing is concerned and which one would you recommend using in order to see SL outputs perfectly. I’m wondering that because I usually use Google Chrome but I’ve realised that sometimes my SL appears a bit blurry. Today I have been trying with other browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer and I have seen that it’s perfect there. Moreover, I have been customizing the player, but it doesn’t seem to be the problem, am I right?

I attach a picture so that you can see what I mean.

By the way, my projects always are always the same (width: 828 pixels; height: 406 pixels).

Thank you very much in advance!

Have a nice day!

6 Replies
David Tait

Hi Anna,

Here is a link showing which browsers are supported for viewing SL content: https://articulate.com/support/article/System-Requirements-for-Articulate-Storyline-360#viewing-content

To ensure I get the best out of my images I always create them at 96ppi before inserting them in to Storyline. My images display consistently across all browsers.

Out of interest, have you tried locking the player at its optimal size?

Lock player to optimal size

Anna Maria

Hi David,

First of all, thank you very much for answering!

Before writing here, I checked out the link and it’s supposed to work correctly with all of them, but that’s not what happens in my case.  The thing is, I don’t have any problems with images, but with the text I write, it is blurry only when I use Google Chrome.

I have already tried locking the player, actually I have tried all the possible player’s combinations but it happens anyway.

Anyhow, thank you very much!

Have a nice day!!

Justine Swain

have you considered increasing the size of your project to a better resolution?  standard screens start in the 1024x768 pixel range, so the pixel size you are using is considerably smaller.  This means that when you display your project on the newer high-resolution pc, laptop and mobile device screens,  your file is being stretched,  and can pixellate, giving the blurry effects you are seeing.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.