Forum Discussion

ShannonBray
Community Member
2 years ago

Audio Restarting

I'm having issues with audio restarting when you press the pause button on the slide, but all other slide content will continue from the point it was paused onward. This occurs in my LMS (Saba), Scorm Cloud, and Review 360 using both Chrome and Edge. However, it doesn't happen when previewing the course directly in Storyline 360. Additionally, once I move to the next slide if I press the previous button to return to the impacted slide the issue no longer occurs. I am able to pause and resume without issue. It's almost like the course isn't loading sufficiently or bookmarking until after you leave the slide. I have tested other courses that were created and uploaded to my LMS and was able to duplicate the issue with them as well. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to stop happening? Learners need to be able to pause at will and resume without issue. 

• Interesting issue.  I am not able to replicate.  How is your audio recorded and inserted?  Is there a slide you can share?

ShannonBray
      Community Member

Initially it was happening with the in-built text-to-speech function. Ultimately once the content was approved I added external MP4 and M4A files.

• Hi Shannon!

It sounds like you've run into a snag with the audio playback in your Storyline course. I see that Ron has been helping you out, and it would be helpful to take a closer look at one of the affected .story files. You can share it here in the discussion or privately through a support case.

We'll delete it from our system as soon as we're finished troubleshooting the behavior!

ShannonBray
      Community Member

I have submitted a support case. The course is proprietary so I will need to seek approval first, but if approved I will add it to the support case.

• Thanks for reporting this in a support case, Shannon! Yes, please share the Storyline project file using Luiza's upload link once you get approval for it.

Let me know if I can assist with anything else!

• Hi there, I was having this issue where when I pressed pause and play the voiceover would restart all the way from the beginning. The audio is an mp3 file that I added to the slide.

This issue wasn't there for the courses made from the older version of the storyline but the courses made from the recent updates are very much affected by this issue.

The issue is visible when I upload it to Our LMS (OpenEdX) only. is there a way I can troubleshoot it?

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Immanuel!

It sounds like you've also hit a snag with the audio playback from your Storyline course. Sorry to hear that, but I'd be glad to help!

Since the behavior can only be observed through your LMS, a helpful first step would be testing the .story file with SCORM Cloud. It's an online LMS environment that can be used to determine if an issue lies with the project file or the LMS itself. If you test your course in SCORM Cloud and it functions as intended then your issue is likely LMS-based.

If you run into any trouble with that process please let us know and we'd be happy to assist further!

ImmanuelShaul
      Community Member

Mind if I Ask which LMS hosting do you use?

Our team faced this issue when uploading the scorm inside Open ed-ex

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Jake!

Sorry to hear you've also hit this snag when uploading a course to your LMS!

As I shared with Immanuel, it would be helpful to see how the file performs when uploaded to an LMS test environment like SCORM Cloud.

If the same behavior can be observed when the course is viewed in SCORM Cloud, please connect with our support engineers through a support case. They'd be happy to troubleshoot this with you!

• I am having the same issue in Review 360. In the Storyline preview it pauses the audio but it restarts the audio in Review 360. Has there been any resolution for this?

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for reaching out!

It is strange that the behavior of the published Review 360 course differs from that of the Storyline preview. Would you be willing to share your Storyline course with us here so we can help determine what is causing it the audio issue? You may also share it privately by sending it along in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done testing

• I am suddenly having this issue only when viewing from our LMS. Our LMS administrator has never reported this issue before. Any resolution or suggestions yet?

• Hi everyone,

The LMS that my organization uses is Zensai (LMS365). 

I have not been able to identify the root cause of this issue, but based on the testing I have done, it is likely the web filtering in my browser settings that are creating this issue. 

• I have this issue. In my experience the problem is intermittent and only appears once posted to our LMS. Trying to rebuild the SCORM package from scratch had no effect. If I advance one slide and go back pause will then work properly. Has anybody resolved this issue? Any success stories?  Thanks!

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Steven, 

Happy to help!

Testing in SCORM Cloud is a great way to determine if the behavior you're experiencing is LMS-specific. You can check out the steps shared by my colleague Steven here for more information on testing in SCORM Cloud. 

If you can replicate the problem in SCORM Cloud, even intermittently, please share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening. We'll delete it when we're done testing!