Forum Discussion

FrancescaSecchi
Community Member
6 years ago

Downloading Xliff files in Rise - different output

Hello everyone, I am facing some issues exporting the XLIFF files from our courses in Articulate Rise. 

I previously downloaded the same courses in the XLIFF format, however now I get xlf files with the internalised html and the file original code missing. The segmentation in the new downloaded file is also very different and poor.

As we already prepared these courses for translation and they are currently with the linguists, it would be quite problematic if we need to reprepare everything from scratch.

Is there a way to download the same format as before? What is this issue due to?

Thanks!

Valeria

• Hello, Julieta. I'm really sorry you're having such trouble with Rise 360 XLIFF files. One of our Support Engineers is looking into your case as we speak, and you'll hear back from him shortly. We'll do all we can to get this sorted out for you!

JulietaQuerol-1
      Community Member

Hi, this is frustrating. The support person was not able to help us... It seems like many people had this issue and I am interested in learning how it was resolved for them. Can you help? We are under a very tight deadline.

• Hi, has this issue been resolved?? We are a translation agency and cannot upload the XLF files from the client because the file header contains only the source language but not the target. Any progress?

MichelleKotulsk
      Community Member

We manually move the text, it was the only way we could translate since we had so many issues.

Best,
      Michelle

Sent from my iPhone

JulietaQuerol-1
        Community Member

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your response. Do you translate, then copy and paste??

Thx,

Julieta G. Querol
        Leap Translations
        Proudly, a Certified, Woman-Owned Small Business
        Tel: 858-342-8549
        email: jquerol@leaptranslations.com
        DUNS: 080471974 - NAICS: 541930

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

• Hi everyone: 
    What has worked for us, is to first copy the course, but import the translated .xliff file in the original course, not the copy.  If you have more than one translation, always use the original course to import the .xliff file to, even if it is already translated. We have had no problems when doing it that way.

Hanneke

JulietaQuerol-1
      Community Member

Thanks Hanneke! I will try this and let you know if this works. The problem for me is still not being able to upload the xliff file the client gives me into my CAT tool because the header contains only the source language and not the source and target header as previous articulate files did.

Pourunetransiti
        Community Member

Has this been resolved? December 2021 and I have the same problem importing the xlf file into wordfast: the file header contains only the source language but not the target. Thanks in advance for helping.

• Hi Julieta,

I checked in on your case, and I see that Ji Yun recently shared information about how he tested your XLIFF file. Please let us know if you have any questions about what he shared with you.

I also wanted to mention that replying via email includes your signature with contact information in the public forum.  Feel free to edit your reply here.

JulietaQuerol-1
      Community Member

Thanks Alyssa. We sent a video to Ji Yun about how the client exported the file, but it's still not working. I will try the suggestion of the copy into the original that Hanneke suggests above and see if this works! But the problem is still that I am not able to upload the file that the client sends me into Wordfast. I was able to do it by renaming the file as a sdlxliff file, but the segmentation was completely off. In the meantime, I am translating a PDF version, which is less than ideal because the client will have to manually enter the translation into the course.

• So sorry this process hasn't been easy for you, Julieta. I'll share all of this with Ji Yun so he'll have the latest information.