Forum Discussion

MacheleWilson
Community Member
7 months ago

Menu options in Storyline

Currently I have a course in Storyline and I want to set parameters on the menu. I need to be able to lock any forward movement on the menu (can't click on an item past where the user is located) but be able to move back to previously viewed (by using the menu).  Additionally I am trying to figure out if there is a way to check mark the items already viewed. The view is set to Restricted now, it does not let the user move forward or back in the menu and shows a lock on the right, even if the item has been viewed.  Any suggestions?

• The Restricted navigation setting should do what you want: allow people to click the Menu to jump to previously viewed slides, but not let them advance. What you're describing sounds like Locked navigation: a person can't use the menu to jump around. 

I suggest you double-check the navigation setting, in case you accidentally selected Locked.

If it is set to Restricted, yet it's not allowing backward movement, that's what is politely called "unexpected behavior." You can submit a case directly to the Articulate staff here: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact