Forum Discussion

RandallSauchuck
Community Member
18 days ago

Older Storyline project no longer works

Many years ago I created a gamified course based on Trivial Pursuit.

A user clicks a button to roll a die. This determines which of 12 spaces on the circular board they can move to and answer a question about the corresponding category.

Each space links to a question pool and the user is assigned a question at random from the pool. Currently the pools only have 3 questions each.

I recently dusted it off to show a colleague what SL can do.

Everything works fine UNTIL the user has to answer a question from a pool they previously visited. then the course freezes with the "3 white dots" loading animation.

All questions are set to reset when revisiting. I used to have multiple result slides (one for each pool) but removed then trying to get it to work again.

Any possible ideas on how to fix it?

RandallSauchuck
      Community Member

The only JavaScript in it is the random number generator for the die roll which still works perfectly

MathNotermans-9
        Community Member

Do share your Storyline, or parts that fail and i will doublecheck.

• I think the issue is that Articulate changed how the "Draw from" slides work.

I used to have code on the individual Question Bank slides that would prevent a user from getting the same question twice (basically I marked a question as "seen" and would auto-advance to the next slide in the bank until it found one that wasn't seen) If all were viewed then I would reset them all to "unviewed". I removed that code in the hope it would work again

However there was a change that seems to lock the "slide draw" slide to a specific "slide pool" slide