Forum Discussion

KateSmith-9c6db
Community Member
4 months ago

Quiz Attempt - show different layer

Hi all - I have a storyline course that is purely an assessment quiz.

I only want the learner to have 2 attempts before referring them to their trainer for more training.

I have set up 3 layers on the results slide Success, Failure and Failure - no more tries.

I have set up a variable called Attempts that goes up by 1 each time the retry button on the Failure layer is clicked. This seems to be working as I have the variable showing on the slide and the counter is going up. 

The Failure - no more tries layer should come up after their second attempt (Attempts variable greater to or more than 1) with a message to say speak to your trainer and only display a review quiz button and an exit quiz button.

However I cannot get the Failure - no more tries layer to come up. It just keeps showing me the Failure layer and I can see the Attempts variable counter increasing.

What have I missed?? I feel like this is something really simple! I have attached a sample file here.

• The last trigger says to show the Failure layer if the user didn't pass, so that's what the program ends up on.

Add a condition to that trigger so it only happens if Attempts <2. Or just move it above the trigger that shows the no-more-tries layer.