Forum Discussion

JohnMarkowski-6
Community Member
21 days ago

Reporting capturing both "yes" and "no" responses- help!

Hi all! I'm having trouble with a series of survey questions built in Storyline. We have a total of 6  "yes" or "no" questions in a course. We are running into an issue where some learners are saying "yes" originally, submitting their answer, realizing that was wrong, going back and choosing "no".. this is great! But, reporting is capturing BOTH the "yes" and "no" response which we do not want. I have the 'When Revisiting Slide' set to 'Reset Initial State' but it's still capturing both. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Hi John!

Thanks for reaching out!

I noticed that you're working with my teammate Carlo, through a support case. We can continue the conversation there to keep all information in one spot.

• Hello!

To resolve the issue of capturing both "yes" and "no" responses in Storyline:

Use Variables: Ensure each question updates a unique variable that only stores the final answer.
    Slide Properties: Double-check that 'Reset Initial State' is properly applied and not overridden by other settings.
    Custom Triggers: Set up triggers to record answers only when a 'Submit' button is clicked.
    Result Slide Settings: Verify that the result slide captures only the latest response.
    Test your changes to ensure only the final answer is recorded.