Forum Discussion

AliSaren
Community Member
6 years ago

Storyline 3 Screen Cast Recording in Try Mode - Blurry Until Clicked

Hi Heroes!

I am hoping someone has had this same problem and knows and easy fix.  When using the screen recording function in Storyline 3, and inserting into my project as Step-by-Step Slides (Try mode), the image is blurry until the hot spot is clicked.  The image then quickly comes into focus before moving on the next slide.  Is there a setting in Action Fine Tuning or elsewhere that I am missing to fix this problem?  Has anyone else seen this before?

Thanks!

Ali

• Hello everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.80.30988.0, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the bugs we've fixed is: 

• The starting frames of screen recordings were blurry

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

• I am having a similar issue in 360 v3.33.20697.0.  The screens of the application look blurry despite trying to work with Action Fine Tuning.  Even in the middle of the slide it seems like it loses focus and come back again.

• Hi Julie,

Sorry to hear you're coming across this issue as well! To confirm, are you experiencing blurriness with your screenshots until it starts playing, and then it becomes clear?

This issue should've been fixed in Update 28 for Storyline 360. If you're able to share your file with us, we'd like to connect with you and see if we can replicate the issue!

• Hi Articulate team, 

I am still having the issue previously described here, today. Screen recordings are blurry before and after clicking the hotspot. Is there a way to fix this? 

Gaston

• Hello Gaston!

I'm sorry you're running into this issue with screen recordings! I see that you've submitted a case with our Support Engineers and are working with my teammate, Ronaziel.

I see that Ronaziel could replicate the issue you're seeing and logged it as a software bug. We'll keep you updated in your support case.

LillyMartinez
    Community Member

Hello! I am having this issue as well. Was there ever a solution for this?

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Lilly!

Sorry to hear you've also run into issues with screen recordings!

Our team is actively monitoring a bug that causes the initial frame of screen recordings to appear blurry. If you would be willing to share one of your affected project files with our team, we would be happy to take a closer look and confirm if you are being affected by the same bug.

You can share it here in this discussion or privately through a support case. We'll delete it from our system once troubleshooting is complete!

• @Lilly: Removing the screen animation (from the right-click> action fine tuning menu) fixed my issue. (Note that this will remove any animations in the UI between one screen and the next, but for me this was ok). 

• Hello everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.80.30988.0, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the bugs we've fixed is: 

• The starting frames of screen recordings were blurry

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!